Weekly In-School EKO Sessions are planned, resourced, risk assessed and led by an EKO leader with the support of the class teacher and/or TA. We will discuss the term’s planning with the class teacher and plan the sessions around the requested themes or topics in order to support the learning going on in the classroom.
Sessions could focus on:
- Literacy and link to a book being read in class
- Maths with some practical challenges to design and create
- Numeracy with counting and sorting
- Science with animal and plant identification, life cycles, bushcraft survival activities, water usage
- Art using natural resources
- Music creating sounds with what you find around you
All children need to provide their own weather appropriate, waterproof clothing and footwear but we always bring a few spares, just in case.
£150 per half-day/ £250 per full day session for a minimum of a term. To include initial planning session with EKO leader, risk assessment and snacks but activity resources, if required, will be an additional cost.