This summer we are excited to announce the launch of a NEW holiday club at the wonderful, extensive Woodland Outdoor Learning site of BARROW 1618 FREE SCHOOL. This club is open to children from all schools who are currently in Reception up to Year 8.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL? Every day will be spent outdoors and each day will be different. There will be no formal schedule to the day and activities will be selected by the children as the week goes on. However, we will always take into account the weather, the seasonal offerings and the age of the children attending. The safety of the children will be our priority at all times but outdoor fun and adventure will be a very close second!
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- FIRE LIGHTING; Using different materials and ways of creating sparks
- DEN BUILDING; With a variety of materials and techniques
- CAMPFIRE COOKING; Including foraging for nettle fritters and other deliciousness
- BOWS AND ARROWS; And other forms of wonderful weaponry
- MARSHMALLOW ROASTING; And damper bread toasting
- NATURE EXPLORATION; With mini beast discovery and plant ID
- HAND TOOLS; Learning to use drills, knives and bow saws safely
- WEAVING WILLOW; And other wood for a variety of creations
- GUERRILLA GARDENING; Involving seed bombs and pollinator friendly planting
- TEAM CHALLENGES; Exciting team challenges and adventurous games
- CLAY CREATIONS;Woodland spirits and performing puppets, AND MUCH MORE!
Children will need to bring their own weather appropriate clothing and footwear as well as a packed lunch we will provide plenty of campfire snacks and drinks throughout the day. More details about what to bring will be provided once bookings are made.
Let your child leave their screens at home and send them to join us in the woods for a whole week of wild fun and adventurous outdoor activities!
To book click here
To check out our Summer Holiday EKO CampOuts click here
To check out our Ministry of Kids Holiday Club events click here