School Summer Holidays 2020
With the end of this academic year fast approaching and lockdown measures finally starting to ease we feel that our children deserve something really special this summer. So we have put our socially distanced heads together and come up with a plan which we’re sure will delight you all.
This summer MOK and EKO are coming together to provide a 3-day ‘Summer Camp’, each week of the summer holidays from Tuesday to Thursday. Each summer camp will take place completely outdoors, using sites we are already familiar with to deliver a really great mix of all the things you love about MOK but with a more Forest School focus. Any of you who are familiar with our EKO after school clubs will already know how amazing our leaders are and they are champing at the bit to get your children playing, exploring, learning and socialising outdoors again.
We are currently living in a very different world as we learn to work and live with the restrictions that COVID-19 has brought and each day brings new challenges. In order to follow government guidelines and keep everyone safe to the best of our abilities we will be implementing some new procedures. However, you should be aware that changes may occur over the course of the summer as guidelines change, we’ll let you know as and when. Please bear with us and be assured that your children’s safety is, and always will be, our top priority.
More details about our terms and conditions will follow once you have made a booking, but here are some of the key COVID-19 points to remember:
- THIS IS NO LONGER A REQUIREMENT – Your child will be met, have their temperature taken and be registered by a staff member. You MUST wait with your child while this takes place. Any child found to have a temperature of 38°C or above will not be allowed to attend the summer camp.
- You must provide a packed lunch, a water bottle and snacks for the day. There will be an opportunity for water bottles to be refilled during the day but we cannot provide food.
- Each 3-day summer camp will be capped at 15, in line with current school class size recommendations. These children are the only ones allowed in this BUBBLE for the 3 days.
- Our leaders will also form part of this bubble, so you will also have the same leaders for the 3 days.
Due to the smaller numbers that we can accommodate we have also put our bookings into bubbles. Currently we have 3.
For more information and to make a booking please click one of the links below.
- MOK Bubble Summer Camps, for all our MOK & EKO families – ALL FULLY BOOKED
- MOK Bubble @Barrow Summer Camps, for all our MOK & EKO families – ALL FULLY BOOKED
- Birchfield Bubble Summer Camps, one place remaining for 18-20 August. Now open to any children aged 5-8years, not exclusively Birchfield pupils.